Terms of Service
This policy outlines the terms of service between you and Society Development. This important agreement outlines several standard policies that allow us to run our website for you. If you have any questions about our terms of service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of Service:
This Terms of Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between you (“you”) and Society Development (together with our affiliates, service providers, and partners, ” Society Development,” “we,” and/or “us”) and governs your use of the societydevelopment.org web site and successor web site(s) (the “Site”), including the materials and information posted on it, and the functionality that permits you to make donations, solicit donations, create registries, establish fundraisers, solicit donations for a project, or to use any other functionality offered through the website.
By making a payment you acknowledge and agree that you are at least eighteen years of age, legally competent, and that you are entering into a legally binding contract with Society Development governing your use of the Site, which contract includes all Supplementary Terms. If you are an individual accepting this Agreement on behalf of an agency or entity, you warrant that you have the legal right to accept this Agreement on behalf of such agency or entity and that the agency or entity will also be bound by this Agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that Society Development retains control over the donated funds. In the event that (I) a project is retired or fully funded or (ii) Society Development receives a check payable to Society Development without reference to a specific project or campaign, the donated funds will be allocated to Society Development General Fund.
You acknowledge and agree that a printed version of this Agreement and/or any electronic communication from Society Development shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement and/or your use of the Site to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- Amendment. Society Development reserves the right to modify this Agreement from time to time in its sole discretion by posting an announcement of such changes on the Site, along with the revised Agreement marked to show the date of last revision. By continuing to use the Site after such changes are posted, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by the Agreement as modified.
- Modification, Suspension, and/or Cancellation. Society Development reserves the right to modify the Site, and change, suspend, or discontinue providing all or part of the content or functionality of the Site in its sole discretion, with or without notice. You agree that Society Development shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such actions.
- User Credentials. When you create an account or profile, submit an expression of interest, list a project, create a fundraiser or registry, or make a donation, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name and contact information, and given the opportunity to select one or more user names and passwords (collectively, your “User ID“).
You acknowledge and agree that:
- You agree to provide accurate and truthful information, and to promptly update this information to reflect any changes;
- You represent that you have all rights in the information necessary to provide it to Society Development.
- User ID is for your personal use only and may not be transferred to any third party;
- You are exclusively responsible for the security and confidentiality of your User ID and for all use of the Site that occurs in connection with your User ID, with or without your knowledge;
- You are required to completely log out of the Site at the end of each session and to notify Society Development promptly if you learn of any unauthorized use of your User ID;
- If you are accepting this Agreement as a representative on behalf of an agency or other entity, you represent that you have the rights to submit the registration information on behalf of that agency or other entity;
- Society Development will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section; and
- Any information submitted under your User ID is subject to the “Personal Information” terms as specified in Section 4.
- Profile and Forum Content. Society Development may permit you and other users to post information on the Site, including on personal “profile pages,” (each, a “Profile”) and on designated areas of the Site including, for example, bulletin boards, message boards, chat rooms, forums, or in the course of participating in the collaborative creation of Site and/or Services content (each, a “Forum”). Society Development does not control or endorse, and is not responsible for user content of any kind posted by Site users (including Society Development employees who maintain Profiles or participate in Forums). In addition, Society Development cannot control use or misuse by others of information you post in your Profile or in a Forum. Section 10 describes the provisions of this Agreement regarding Society Development monitoring of content.
Accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will Society Development be liable for any loss or damage caused by (a) your reliance on user-posted Profile or Forum content; or (b) use or misuse by any Site user or third party of any user content that you post in connection with your Profile, on a Forum, or otherwise in connection with your use of the Site.
- Rules of Conduct. Your use of the Site is expressly conditioned on your responsible and lawful participation in the Site community. Accordingly, and without limiting the foregoing:
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with this Agreement and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including without limitation, Nepal export controls, embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports.
- Any information you provide in connection with your use of the Site must be true, accurate, and complete at the time provided, and you will maintain, update, and correct such information regularly.
You agree that you will not post, transmit, distribute, publish, use, or otherwise make available, through or in connection with the Site:
- Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b) defamatory; (c) fraudulent or tortuous; (d) obscene, indecent, pornographic, offensive, or otherwise objectionable, in all cases as determined by Society Development in its sole discretion;
- Anything that is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, moral rights, or another proprietary right without authorization from the rights-owner;
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability; that encourages violence or other conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or that encourages or provides instructional information about violent, offensive, or illegal activities;
- Any hardware, software, equipment, virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that may: (a) harm Society Development or invade, harm, disrupt or hijack the operation of the Site; (b) mislead or harm any third party; (c) monitor access to or use of the Site by others;
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme,” communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any user, or any other form of solicitation;
You agree that you will not use the Site to:
- Engage in fraudulent or unlawful activities of any kind;
- Defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal, privacy, publicity, or other rights of others;
- Impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; or assert or imply that Society Development or any Site user endorses any statement you make;
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or any servers, hardware, or software used in connection with the Site;
- Transfer or copy any protected material, content or information made available through any restricted portion of the Site to any non-restricted portion of the Site or to any public forum;
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site.
You agree that you will not, without our express written consent:
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, or for any purposes that are competitive with Society Development, any element of the Site, including any information or materials made available on or through the Site;
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any element of the Site;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or any materials posted on or originating from the Site;
- Frame or mirror any element of the Site;
- Systematically download Site content to create a separate database;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” “harvest” or in any way gather Site content, or reproduce or circumvent its navigational structure or presentation;
- Advertise, promote, market, or offer to sell or buy any goods or services on or through the Site;
- Use the Site to solicit funding, grants, or financial assistance of any kind without an explicit invitation by the donor, or to distribute funds, seek grant proposals, or issue requests for proposals.
- Grant of License to Society Development. You will retain ownership rights in content you post in your Profile and in other places on the Site (each, a “Submission”). Except as provided herein, Society Development will not re-publish your Submissions outside the Site without your written consent. By posting a Submission, however, you grant Society Development a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license to use, display, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, or sublicense such Submissions to operate the Site and to make it available to users as contemplated hereunder.
For each Submission, you represent and warrant that:
You have all rights necessary to post such Submissions, to grant the licenses granted hereunder, and to permit Society Development to grant the necessary licenses to other Site users in accordance with your privacy preferences; and Your posting of any Submission and your grant of rights in connection with any such Submission complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and does not violate the rights of any third party.
- License. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including, but not limited to, Section 7), Society Development hereby grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to access and use the Site and download and print the content and information on or made available through the Site (provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact on such content and information), solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not republish such content or information on any other Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporate the content or information in any other database or compilation. Any other use of the Site or content and information is strictly prohibited. Society Development and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site and its content and information and all intellectual property rights therein (including the trademarks and service marks on the Site).
- Monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that Society Development may, in its sole discretion, but has no obligation to: (i) monitor any user-posted information or content (including Submissions); (ii) post, alter, remove, or refuse to post any user-provided content (including Submissions); and/or (iii) disclose the content of any Submission as well as any other information about such Submission or the circumstances surrounding the transmission, posting, or use of such Submission to you or any third party; in all cases as appropriate in Society Development ‘ sole discretion: to operate the Site; protect the rights and properties of Society Development and third parties; to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests; to enforce this Agreement; and/or for any other legitimate reason or purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that Society Development is not responsible for screening, policing, editing or monitoring any such user content. If notified of allegedly infringing, defamatory, damaging, illegal or offensive conduct, Society Development may investigate the allegation and determine, in its sole discretion, whether to remove or request the removal of such user content from the Site. However, Society Development cannot ensure prompt editing or removal of questionable user content after online posting. Accordingly, Society Development shall not assume any liability for user content or third party conduct, communication or information on the Site.
- Links and Online Listings. From time to time Society Development may post and/or may permit you, other Site users or third parties to post on the Site (a) links to third party sites (“Links”) or (b) listings regarding the availability of relevant products or services (“Listings”). Such Links and Listings are provided subject to Section 14 below, and WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, FOR USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. You acknowledge and agree that Society Development does not control or endorse any information, products, or services made available via Links or Listings, and is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, quality, or legality of any such information, products, or services. It is your responsibility to evaluate the information, opinions, advice or other content available through the Links or Listings, whether posted or provided by third parties or by Society Development. Society Development may remove any Links or Listings at any time for any reason or for no reason.
- Proprietary Rights. The Site and other information or materials made available through or used in connection with providing the Site are and shall remain the property of Society Development and its licensors (including Site users) and suppliers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and laws; provided that you will retain ownership in your Submissions in accordance with Section 8. Except as expressly provided herein or permitted or otherwise authorized in advance by Society Development in writing, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based (whether in whole or in part) on any element of the Site, including without limitation the Site itself or any Site content, or other materials made available through the Site.Trade names, trademarks and service marks of Society Development or its licensors include without limitation, Society Development, Society Development Green, and any associated logos. All trademarks and service marks on the Site not owned by Society Development are the property of their respective owners. The trade names, trademarks and service marks owned by Society Development, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used by you in connection with any product or service that is not ours. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels or otherwise, any license or right to use any of Society Development trade names, trademarks or service marks without our express prior written consent.Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Society Development and its respective successors, sponsors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, suppliers and members, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site; (b) any violation of this Agreement by you or anyone using your User ID; (c) your violation of any rights of any other person or entity while using the Site; or (d) information provided under your User ID and any information that you or anyone with your password submits, posts, or transmits through the Site.
- Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Society Development, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the Site and/or Services, at any time and for any reason or no reason, including if Society Development believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination, your right to use the Site will immediately cease. You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the Site may be effected without prior notice, and that Society Development may immediately deactivate or delete your User ID, and all related information and files associated with such credentials including, without limitation, your Submissions, and/or bar any further access to such information or files. You agree that Society Development shall not be liable to you or any third party for terminating this Agreement and/or terminating your access to the Site. Nor shall Society Development have any obligation to make information or files associated with the Site available to you after any such termination.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Nepal, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to exclusive jurisdiction by the federal and state courts located in the Nepal, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. Notwithstanding this, you agree that Society Development may apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.The Site is hosted and operated in, and made available from the Nepal. Society Development does not represent or warrant that the Site or any element thereof is appropriate, available, or legal for use in any jurisdiction other than the Nepal. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under Nepal copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Society Development a notice requesting that we remove the material or block access to it. If you believe, in good faith, that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send Society Development a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA.
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policy: We comply with the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) guidelines established by the Nepal Rastra Bank of Nepal, The guidelines include, but is not limited to, the following salient conditions:
Every recipient (campaign organisers on Society Development) has to verify her identity per the Know Your Customer (KYC) in the guidelines. This will include verification of registered mobile number or email address and one of the identification documents. Name, Address, Permanent Bank Account Number, Citizenship, Passport, Driving Licensee, etc. Recognized by the Nepal Rastra Bank. The list of such registered documents will be updated on societydevelopment.org site, at its sole discretion, from time to time.
The verification will be essential to withdraw funds from Society Development, and may be asked by Societydevelopment, at its sole discretion, during the course of a campaign. Failure to comply may result in cancellation of a fundraising campaign, and funds may be returned to donors in such a scenario.
Your location as reflected on your Campaign page must match your legal residence that you submit to societydevelopment when you create a withdrawal request. Campaign Owners may not create multiple Campaigns without proof of meeting fulfillment obligations from the original Campaign. Failure to adequately fulfill Campaign obligations may result in societydevelopment removing the Campaign(s) and seeking reimbursement of Campaign funds raised, including by using third-party collections services. Only the Campaign Owner shall be permitted to collect Campaign funds.
Society Development may attempt to verify the identity and other information provided to us by Campaign Owners, and we may delay, withhold, reverse or refund any Contributions or other amounts without notice or liability in the event we are unable to verify any such information to our satisfaction. Campaign Owner eligibility is subject to Societydevelopment’s review of the fulfillment status of prior crowdfunding obligations.
The recipients acknowledge and agree that societydevelopment does not verify this information and it’s the responsibility of the recipient to procure the necessary approvals and do the necessary compliance before they withdraw the foreign funds received for the campaign. By asking to withdraw the foreign funds its understood by societydevelopment that the recipient has completed the necessary documentation.
AML policies will be updated time to time at the sole discretion of societydevelopment.
- Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the meaning of application of this Agreement, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.
- Business Transfers. Society Development may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your personal information and Submissions, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Society Development. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. This, together with all policies referred to herein, is the entire Agreement between you and Society Development relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and Society Development relating to such subject matter. Notices to you may be made via posting to the Site or by e-mail in our sole discretion. Society Development will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
Short Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions for the Fundraiser
- Project proposal shall be strong and authentic.
- Project shall be published minimum for one month.
- Project shall be published and maximum for six months.
- Requested fund shall be at least USD. 100 or NPR. 10,000.
- Requested fund shall be unlimited.
- Once the project meets the least requirement of the first month, the project can be published until it reaches its target fund.
- Once the project meets the least requirement of the first month, fund raiser can publish another crowdfunding project.
- Bank account of the project fundraiser shall be in his/her/organization name.
- Raised fund shall be sent to the bank account of project fundraiser in the second week of every month.
- No projects shall violate any terms and conditions, claim or protest.
- Project fundraiser shall send the progress report of the project in each month after executing the project.
- No misuse of the raised fund shall be made.
- Once the project collects USD.100 or NRS.1000, it will be sent to the fundraiser’s bank account.
- Project fundraiser shall be responsible for marketing his/her fundraising campaign.
- The projects shall submit all required documents before publishing it online.
- The fundraiser shall facilitate the donors donating above USD.500 or NPR. 100000 with 3 days of Free home stay and participation in the project.
- Volunteers shall be encouraged to participate in the projects and shall be certified after completion of the project.
Payments that shall be paid by fundraiser.
- Registration fee for institutional project is free.
- Registration fee for personal project is free.
- Service fee of 5 – 11% shall be deducted from the total raised fund.
- Third party and international payment settlement charge will be 3.5%.
- Remittance fees shall be applicable as of the market standards.
- Bank transfer fees shall be applicable as per the bank’s rule.
- The raised fund’s less than of USD.100 or NPR.10000 shall go to Society Development.
- All the international payments are made on current USD rate.
Terms and Conditions for the Donor
- Minimum amount of donation shall be USD.1 or NPR.10
- Maximum amount of donation shall be unlimited.
- The name and id of the project that donor wants to fund shall be clearly mentioned.
- Donor shall mention necessary details as required.
- The scan copy of voucher of donation provided by the bank or remit shall be sent to Society Development by the donor.
- The donated fund is not refundable.
- Donors shall donate the projects in Society Development only through Society Development’s authorized channels.
- Donors shall not intent to participate in any kind of money laundering services using our platform.
Services, Facilities and Security of Donors
- Donor’s name and donation records shall be published online in Society Development’s website forever.
- The donor making donation above USD .1000 or NPR.100000 will get 3 days free home stay and participation in the project.
- Donors can volunteer in the projects. For which they shall be certified at the end of the project.
- The donors are provided with latest online security tools to keep their Society Development account safe.
- Donors donating above USD. 1000 or NPR.100000 shall be entitled with certificate of appreciation.
Projects That Are Not Allowed
- Project that support any political activity is not allowed to raise funds in Society Development platform.
- Project can not raise funds for the projects associated with particular religion.
- Projects related to drug abuse issues are not allowed to raise funds through Society Development platform.
- Society Development is not a donor, it is a platform that connects people supporting same social cause.