Project Problem Details
Karnali is one of the developing province of Nepal which has many illiterate population. People are not more aware on their health and nutrition status. People consume junk food, smoke more, drink alcohol and not care about their health so non communicable disease is affecting their lives. According to the report of DHO and survey done by IRDC, 27 % out of 100 are affected by non communicable disease and untimely demising their lives. So people need orientation and counselling on non communicable disease which is most important these days. So Integrated Initiatives for Rural Development Center (IRDC), Jumla is a leading NGO in Jumla district. Integrated Initiatives for Rural Development Center (IRDC), Jumla has been implementing new concept of accessing health service to the rural people. Organization do the coordination, collaboration and jointly planning with local government bodies and major stakeholders.
To establish the better service access of most vulnerable people in our community is the major objective of the organization. To advocate for the peoples right and responsibility, work for the improved livelihood of the ultra-poor is another important objectives of the organization. Integrated Initiatives for Rural Development Center (IRDC), Jumla do the jointly planning, review reflection of the implemented project concept with local as well as other governmental bodies. Resource sharing and jointly implementation is the best idea of Integrated Initiatives for Rural Development Center (IRDC), Jumla.
Project Solution Details
To conduct health awareness campaign on non-communicable disease, malnutrition and way of solution. Campaign in rural and remote area of different Rural municipality of Jumla district targeting those people who are still out of better access of health education.
Pictures demonstration and briefing.
Height, weight and BMI (body mass index) check up
Heath check up
Counselling on causes of malnutrition and non-communicable disease.
Counselling on the way of get rid of the malnutrition and non-communicable disease.
Result Output Details
1. To enhance the understanding of community people on non-communicable disease, malnutrition and way of solution.
2. To promote the mutual better understanding on health and cause of non-communicable disease and malnutrition.
3. People will receive better cancelling service during the campaign and will access the health checkup for body mass index (MDI), height & weight, blood pressure and other normal checking.
4. To make more accountable to service provider and receiver regarding service taking and providing.
5. To reduce the untimely death due to non-communicable dangerous diseases.
6. To reduce the household level malnutrition and promote nutritious life of remote people.
7. Enhance technical knowledge of technical staff in health service sector.
8. To establish the strong relation between service provider and service receiver.